Foundational Course: The School of Uncovering the Voice
Sep 26, 2022 7:30PM—9:00PM
Online Training Event -Eastern Time Zone
Event Contact Shannon Boyce | Email
Categories Course, Eastern Region US, ONLINE, Time-Arts, Training
With Shannon Boyce, Certified Uncovering the Voice Singing Teacher
A new cohort will start online on September 26, 2022, with Foundational Course #1 from The School of Uncovering the Voice, the singing school Rudolf Steiner endorsed at the Anthroposophical Approach to Singing.
Certified Uncovering the Voice teacher, Shannon Boyce will be your guide through the first course, called “Embodying the Breath with the Exercises to Forget the Breathing.”
Whether you love to sing or long to sing, Shannon will take you on a gentle path of discovery with your voice through the use of simple hygienic singing exercises first developed by Werbeck. Through deep listening and experiencing the movement of your breath, you will awaken your consciousness toward a right relationship with your physical voice and your inner voice. You will come to know the mediative, spiritual, and healing power of the voice.
In this course you will learn:
– How to move your breath naturally and eliminate patterns of holding and grasping
– Find balance in breathing, moving it away from the jammed-up place near your throat
– Exercises that will connect and lead you to a right relationship with your physical voice as well as deepen your relationship to your own inner voice
You will experience:
– Relaxation in your breath without falling asleep
– Inner harmony and peace within yourself
– A new creative energy within yourself that will teach you to live in pure love
As a result:
– You will start to release trauma that has been bound up in your throat
– You will gain more confidence to speak up both physically and emotionally
– You will give birth to parts of yourself you’ve been longing to experience
– You will find healing toward overcoming trauma that lives in the organs of your instrument
Through imaginative thinking, you will be guided through each exercise, ultimately, moving yourself through inner spiritual change as you learn to uncover and reveal the voice that is waiting to be set free.
What others have said about this course…
“As I keep doing these genius exercises, they penetrate deeper and deeper and I get more and more from them. Not only is my singing changing beyond recognition but these exercises are profoundly transforming me!! One even brought me to tears yesterday. It was so gentle and barely there but somehow managed to touch something deep inside. Thank you!!” ~ Rebecca S.
“Shannon, your unfailing enthusiasm and energy was impressive and inspiring. You are a gifted teacher and guide on this journey.” ~ Laina C.
“My voice is totally healing! I’m excited about singing for the first time in many years!” ~ Teri A.
“I got groundedness, insight into patterns of breathing and holding that I carry, new images and ways of understanding sound and tone, a sense of community, and discovery. I appreciated how insights gained from the exercises were related to/applicable to other areas of my life. I enjoyed learning to separate the tone from the speech formation, and learning how to engage my lower abdominal muscles in a lively, flexible way to support the breath.” ~ Carol S.
“I just want to say thank you! I’m loving the lessons. I am so grateful for how much you put in and give to all of us.” ~ Cecilia L.
- Meets once a week: 90 min lessons over 12 weeks on a zoom-like platform for music teachers, so it doesn’t matter where in the world you live
- You can choose to attend classes live each lesson, or find a time that works in your schedule to watch the replay
- Two times are offered each week to meet different time zones
Monday nights, September 26 thru December 13, 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm Eastern New York Time
Tuesday mornings, September 27 thru December 14, 7:30 am – 9:00 am Eastern New York Time
Since every lesson is recorded, you can go back and practice on your own and repeat the lessons as many times as you like.
You will receive three 45-minute private lessons, to work individually with Shannon.
As a bonus, you will be given access to audio recordings of each exercise to practice with.
We will also study Chapters 8 and 1 of Valborg Werbeck-Svärdström’s book Uncovering the Voice, the Cleansing Power of Song, giving you a new understanding of your voice