WITH JENNIFER THOMSON AND WADE CAVIN
ART…The striving of a piece of art is the experience. An “inner” life activity of the color and the artist working together creates something beyond our imagination. The goal of the retreat is to center and work with color and motif in a new way. Exploring this will loosen old habits and help to penetrate your own work. Also the retreat is very individual: some prefer to go at a slow pace, others don’t. It is a safe space to explore without judgment.
August 4 – 8, 2023
The daily schedule for the art retreat:
– Ongoing watercolor veil painting exercise to be developed into an art piece, light & dark class.
– Five lunches and art supplies are included.
– Afternoon classes: sketching in the National Forest, two classes developing color exercises, one class with Wade Cavin, doing color experiments.
Two evening presentations:
– My Path as Artist: Slides with Jennifer Thomson
– What is Art: With Jennifer Thomson, Wade Cavin & Noah Baen
Both presentations are open to the public.