Explorations Online 2023-2024
AT THE CENTER FOR ANTHROPOSOPHY
Discover the foundations of anthroposophy, Waldorf education, andthe arts—for parents, grandparents, administrators, new teachersin publicand independent Waldorf schools, and those teaching children at home.
Explorations courses meet via Zoom for 2 hours on Saturday and Sunday (4 hours per weekend) twice a month. Classes include artistic work (speech/storytelling, movement, music, and pastel drawing) and contemplative studies on current issues, using anthroposophy as a method of inquiry. We will look at a holistic view of the human being, self-development, and current social and pedagogical needs.
We will meet on weekends twice a month — Saturdays and Sundays 12:00-2:00 ET, 9:00-11:00 PT.
Class Schedule for Explorations Online 2023-2024
– March 11 and March 25-26, 2023: Meditative Practices and Self-Development, with Bev Boyer, with a welcome from Torin Finser, speech with Debbie Spitulnik
– April 22-23 and April 29-30: Practical Thinking and the Rightful Place of Technology, with Douglas Gerwin, eurythmy with Leonore Russell
– May 20-21: Parents and Community in a Waldorf School, with David Barham, pastel drawing with Nikki Shoneman
– Summer Break
– September 9-10 and September 23-24: Meeting the Social and Emotional Needs of Children Today, with Kim John Payne, eurythmy with Leonore Russell
– October 14-15 and October 28-29: Temperaments and Learning Styles with Carla Beebe Comey, speech with Debbie Spitulnik
– November 11-12 and November 18-19: Healing the Hurt: Learning to Support Each Other as Advocates for Social Justice, with Heather Scott, singing with Meg O’Dell Chittenden
– December 2-3 and December 16-17: Phenomenology: Learning to See with Beginner’s Eyes, Study and Visual Arts with Colleen O’Connors
– January 13-14 and January 27-28, 2024: Overview of the Waldorf Grades Curriculum: A Renewed Pedagogy for Our Times, with Alison Henry, singing with Meg O’Dell Chittenden
– February 10-11 and February 24: Innovation Through Anthroposophical Initiatives, with Karen Atkinson and Bev Boyer, speech with Debbie Spitulnik
Tuition for the entire course is payable by credit card in 10 monthly installments of $78.
Completion of this Explorations course (32 sessions) satisﬁes prerequisite foundational studies for Waldorf teacher training. Contact our program directors for information about supplemental Explorations seminars for Waldorf high school teachers (email@example.com) and school administrators (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information and to register, contact: email@example.com, +(603) 654-2566