BIODYNAMIC YEAR-LONG PART-TIME COURSE 2023-2024
The Pfeiffer Center at Threefold Community Farm in Chestnut Ridge, NY, offers the biodynamic course for the 27th year in a row. This year-long part-time training covers the basic principles of biodynamic agriculture according to the seasons, in thirteen full-day workshops.
In the classroom, Mac Mead, and expert guest faculty introduce and explain Rudolf Steiner’s spiritual science, the foundation of biodynamics, in the context of Steiner’s “Agriculture Course” of 1924.
In the field, gardening techniques are demonstrated and practices include making and using the biodynamic preparations, compost making and soil building, working with large animals, beekeeping, greenhouse work, and much more.
Would you like to take some classes on their own? You can take certain classes individually–-see the list below–-with a fee of $125 per class. Click here to email us a request.
- September 16, 2023: BIODYNAMICS & EARTH EVOLUTION / AUTUMN TASKS with Mac Mead
- December 2, 2023: LARGE ANIMALS & THE FARM ORGANISM with Megan Durney and Kim Vaughan
- February 24, 2024: THE INDIVIDUALIZED FARMSCAPE & PRUNING FRUIT TREES with Hugh Williams
- March 23, 2024: SEEING NATURE WHOLE / LIFE RHYTHMS & PLANTING CALENDAR with Craig Holdrege
- April 14, 2024: WATER: H2O OR MUCH MORE? with Jennifer Greene